Consider yourself an experienced product engineer who likes to challenge the status quo? Enjoy translating precise (and often challenging) customer requirements into feasible technical solutions? If so, consider working for us.
We're looking for product engineers to join our R&D/engineering team in Rotterdam. This creative technical bunch design and develop innovative products for the air cargo industry, but their workload is growing, and they need help delivering specialized solutions for global companies like DHL and ASML.
What does the job involve?
You’ll be part of a team that initiates, designs and tests product prototypes for a wide range of certified air transportation solutions like cool containers and collapsible hors stables. You’ll also be responsible for helping transition any new product from design to manufacturing at scale. Typical duties include:
- managing the design of products and processes
- creating and testing product prototypes
- collaborating with multidisciplinary product development teams
- ensuring the product meets manufacturing specifications and safety standards
The focus is on high-quality aviation products that are made-to-order and that meets our customers’ challenging operational requirements. The families of Unit Load Devices that we design and manufacture are varied, innovative and perfect-fit. Just what you’d expect from an industry leader.
What we expect from you
We’d like you to have:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in engineering/product design
- Between 5 and 10 years of relevant experience
- Skill in using 3D software for modelling and technical drawings (preferably SolidWorks)
- Considerable analytical skills, a high degree of accuracy, and an eye for detail
- Good communication and listening skills
- Adequate proficiency in Dutch and English (spoken and written)
You also need to be able to change gear easily and ready to continually adjust agreements to the design, engineering, certification and manufacturing process. This requires a focus on our customers and a good understanding of what drives them.
What you can expect from us
VRR is a progressive, dynamic and growing company. We’re offering you a challenging and independent role in a pleasant working environment for a competitive salary and all the usual secondary benefits. We have adapted all workplaces and policies during the pandemic to keep everyone as safe as possible.
How to apply
It’s easy. Email your CV and covering letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to find out more about the job first, send in your questions to Ad van der Wiel, R&D Manager, at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.