Collaborative Environment With Great Opportunities to Innovate
Tired of feeling unchallenged and undervalued as an engineer? Come work for an engineering firm that loves to challenge the status quo and where you can make a difference!
VRR is a world leader in the design, manufacture and maintenance of air cargo containers (ULDs). Our ULDs are made-to-order, high in quality and best value-for-money. We are a progressive and growing company that serves many different types of organizations around the world, and we’re known for finding the best solutions for our customers and the aviation industry.
We’re looking for a pro-active, solution-oriented Quality Engineer. The salary is based on your experience, but for sure competitive. In addition, we offer:
- 25 + 13 days annual leave, 8% holiday bonus, occupational pension scheme and a bonus scheme.
- Excellent training and personal growth opportunities.
You have a passion for technology and experience with mechanical and quality engineering. You have an organised and unbiased approach to your work. You can also zero-in on specific problems, make critical choices and reach independent decisions. Ideally, you have at least:
- 5 years’ work experience in a technical environment and 2 years’ work experience in a quality role.
- Higher vocational qualification (HBO), preferably in Mechanics or Aerospace.
- Expert working knowledge of process auditing and quality tools.
- Operational knowledge of management systems, product standards and statistics.
- Excellent communication skills, including Dutch and English.
The following achievements are considered a bonus:
- a successful completion of a related Mikrocentrum course (or equivalent), e.g.:
- Quality Inspector
- Quality Auditor
- Quality Engineer
- an active ASQ certification, e.g.:
- Certified Quality Inspector (CQI)
- Certified Quality Technician (CQT)
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA)
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
The focus is on high-quality products with cutting edge design that meet our customer's challenging operational requirements. Your main responsibilities will include:
- assuring the correct functioning of equipment and measuring tools
- creating checklists and instructions for product inspections (incl. First Article Inspection)
- performing risk-based internal and external process audits
- facilitating the prevention and correction of problems and their causes
- statistically analysing and reporting quality trends
VRR is based in Rotterdam, the Netherlands' second largest city and Europe's biggest port. Modern and youthful, with unique urbanism, architecture and a cool nightlife, it’s at the heart of the shipping and trade industries and a great place to work and live. Our headquarters, which is close to public transportation (Rotterdam Lombardijen station), include plenty of parking, a modern office and great coffee. We also have a service & maintenance location in Badhoevedorp, near Schiphol airport, which will require occasional visits.
Why Should You Apply?
VRR is advancing the air cargo industry and we need your help to make it happen. Here are just four of many compelling reasons you should consider joining our team:
- You’ll get a competitive salary and some great secondary benefits.
- You’ll work alongside friendly, collaborative, highly-skilled designers, engineers and technicians.
- You’ll get on-the-job training and go through an intensive onboarding process.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunities to develop your skills and pursue your career.
How Do You Apply?
To apply for the position of Quality Engineer, please send your CV with a cover letter to Wouter Mollers (QA Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are identified as a potential candidate, you’ll be invited to our headquarters for a first interview. If both you and the QA Manager feel positive about the discussion, you’ll be shortlisted for interviews with the Managing Director and HR officer of VRR.
You can find more information about VRR on the VRR website.