Are you an experienced quality manager looking for a new challenge with an industry leader? Do you have great communication skills and extensive knowledge of management system standards, preferably in aerospace?
We're looking for a QA Manager to join our happy crew in Rotterdam. Your mission (if you choose to accept it) is to be the quality conscience of the organisation. It’s a key role in a company that designs, manufactures and maintains products in a highly-regulated and safety-aware industry. If this sounds right up your street, we’d love to hear from you.
What does the job involve?
This is a proactive and strategic role that focuses on system quality. You’ll be leading a team of quality professionals who ensure that each our processes, organization and facilities meet international regulations, such that our products meet internal and external standards before shipment to our customers.
Our products are certified air transportation solutions, and they come in all shapes and sizes from cool containers and fireproof unit load devices to collapsible horse stables. Many are made-to-order to meet our customers’ challenging operational requirements. This means the integrity of our quality assurance procedures throughout the development, manufacturing and maintenance processes is paramount.
As QA Manager, you’d have a range of responsibilities, including:
- managing and adapting a risk-based quality management system
- planning, controlling and improving the safety and quality of products and processes
- interacting with regulatory supervisors with regard to regulatory compliance
- training internal stakeholders in quality management
- interacting with customers and suppliers regarding product, process and service quality
- leading risk-based internal and external process audits
You’d also be expected to work on multi-disciplinary projects to identify the quality requirements of customers and regulators and to translate them into effective processes. This requires a collaborative approach, an independent mindset, and an ability to see the bigger picture.
What we expect from you
We’d like you to have:
- At least a higher professional qualification (HBO+) in a technical and/or business subject
- Between 5 and 10 years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of management systems and associated standards
- Great IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Dutch and English (spoken and written)
You also need to have visionary leadership skills and a positive attitude to help you get the best out of people and to motivate colleagues.
What you can expect from us
VRR is a progressive, dynamic and growing company. We’re offering you a challenging and independent role in a pleasant working environment for a competitive salary and all the usual secondary benefits. We have adapted all workplaces and policies during the pandemic to keep everyone as safe as possible.
How to apply
It’s easy. Email your CV and covering letter to our HR department at email@example.com. If you want to find out more about the job first, send in your questions to Geert van Riemsdijk at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.