Technical Account Manager Aviation Industry (40 hours)
Do you have a commercial and technical background and enjoy helping customers find the best solutions? Would you like to work for a professional organisation that has short lines of communication in an international setting? If so, this job is for you. VRR is looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager to expand its current sales organisation.
Your role as Account Manager
As Account Manager, you'll be the first point of contact for our customers and prospects. Using your technical knowledge, you'll make recommendations and translate inquiries into technical and commercial proposals. The ability to listen carefully to customers and ask all the right questions to discover their unique requirements is vital in this role, so you'll need a strong analytical and procedural mindset.
Within the organisation itself, you'll be expected to represent the customer and interpret the commercial and technical proposal as clearly as possible for the benefit of the project team. Your ability to evaluate critically and adopt a collaborative approach with all involved is essential for achieving the best results for your customers.
Your tasks as VRR’s Account Manager
Your duties will include:
- representing VRR within the aviation industry.
- looking after part of the customer portfolio with self-sufficiency
- searching proactively for new business within existing markets
- identifying all customer requests and requirements, and helping to find the best solution
- modifying requests and/or orders in consultation with engineering, production, etc
- drawing up commercial proposals fully and accurately
- acting as the main contact for colleagues/customers during the entire process, from order placement to product delivery
- handling customer complaints or non-compliances and passing them on to the quality department when necessary
- visiting and participating in trade fairs and industry meetings in order to stay up to date with the markets that VRR serves
- ensuring your knowledge of accounts and markets is readily available across the VRR organisation, and providing input to the innovation department for developing new products
The skills you need for this job
The role of Account Manager requires you to have:
- At least a technical or commercial degree from higher professional education (HBO)
- At least 5 years' work experience in a similar commercial role in a technical company
- An analytical and process-oriented aptitude, plus a natural curiosity for finding solutions
- Good communication skills with customers and also colleagues from various departments
- An ability to change gear rapidly between several activities
- An excellent command of the English language (spoken and written)
- A willingness to travel internationally from time to time and, therefore, be away from home for several days at a time
- A current, valid driving license
What can VRR offer you?
VRR is a rapidly growing organisation that offers many opportunities for personal and career development. We encourage our employees to make a difference. This job comes with:
- A competitive basic salary, adjusted for experience and market knowledge, with annual advancement opportunities
- End-of-year bonus based on performance and work
- 38 vacation days a year, of which 8 are days off under the reduction of working hours scheme (prorated to 40 hours p/w)
Who is VRR?
We design, manufacture and certify global air transportation solutions for diverse companies, including DHL and ASML. We focus on high-quality products that are made-to-order and that meet a customer's unique operational requirements. Examples of the products we design and manufacture include:
- Air cargo containers for the express parcel delivery industry
- Completely collapsible horse stables for transporting competition and race horses
- Cool containers used to transport pharmaceuticals and perishable food
- Fully air-conditioned containers for transporting sensitive hi-tech equipment/machines
Would you like to know more?
Learn more about our company by going to our website: https://vrr.aero.
For questions about this job description please contact: Ben Lakerveld, Sales Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job, please contact: Annemarie van der Linden-Mol, HR Consultant - email@example.com